The Melbourne Disc Golf Club is a growing club, going into its 10th year in 2018. Membership to the Club is available in two categories (Junior and Full), open to the public and comes with a variety of inclusions as outlined below. You don’t need to be an experienced player, we highly encourage beginners as a great way to learn the sport and build your skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Junior Membership – 18 yrs and under ($20 per annum)
- Full Membership ($35 per annum)
- Full Membership with Merchandise ($50 per annum)
- Supporter’s Membership ($25 for 2018 only) Read product information for benefits and restrictions. Not all incentives below are included.
* Memberships purchased from Nov 2018 to year end will be valid until 31st December 2019 *
What Will I Get For My Membership?
- Free entry to all MDGC League Day events for the calendar year, held monthly February to November at the Ruffey Lake Course in Doncaster. This includes eligibility for prizes, insurance and the chance to challenge other members
- Membership pack including…
- New members: water bottle, erasable score card, patch, bag tag (While stocks last)
Renewing members: patch and bag tag
- Full membership with merchandise includes everything above plus a shirt and hat (subject to availability)
- Invitation to social events throughout the year, like a Twilight Rounds and BBQ’s
- Tracking of scores and handicaps
- Yearly Player Insurance
- Input into potential new course location and design
- Invitation to Australian Disc Golf (ADG) tour events
- Membership to Australian Flying Disc Association (AFDA)
- Voting rights at MDGC Annual General Meeting
What Will My Contribution Help the MDGC with?
- Build a community of disc golf enthusiasts in the Greater Melbourne area
- Cover the ongoing operating costs of the MDGC (League Days, social events, prizes, equipment, etc.)
- Implement a grassroots campaign to advertise and bring awareness of disc golf to the Greater Melbourne community
- Approach local governments to achieve the installation of a permanent disc golf course in Melbourne
Can I ‘try’ before I buy?
Prospective members are more than welcome to join in for a complimentary ‘Come & Try Session’ from 10am-12noon on any Ruffey Lake Course League Day, or to compete in the 12noon League Day round for a $5 fee (payable as cash on the day). We have equipment you can borrow, and expert player on hand to support you. Come along and find out why disc golf is one of the fastest growing sports in the world!
For more information on joining the Melbourne Disc Golf Club, please feel free to contact us.
> Next Relevant Page: Events Calendar