The Summercup was the brain child of David Heath and is in its second year. It was designed as a way to encourage disc golfer to get out and keep playing disc golf during the summer break where there are no league days and few tournaments. In 2017-18 it exceeded all expectations with well over 120 rounds being submitted and we saw everyone’s scores improve dramatically. We are expecting great things this season. It is a great mix of casual and competition disc golf. Get into it, you won’t be disappointed.
1. Entry fee will be $20 per player. Payment options can be found below.
2. The event will run from sunrise 18 November 2018 to sunset 15 February 2019 for rounds played at the Ruffey Lake Doncastor course.
3. Multiple divisions will be offered, players will be placed in a division based on their PDGA rating as at 18 November 2018. Rating estimates will be used where necessary (other than assigning players to a division, rating will play no further part in the event). The intent is to group players of similar skill into each division. Each division will have a minimum of 5 players. Note that late entries will be accepted until December 31st these may cause a restructure of the divisions until that time.
4. Whenever an informal round is played on the standard 18-hole league course at Ruffey, by any group of 2 or more players, the scores should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. All such playing groups will be self-arranged – there are no mandated playing days – everything is to be entirely casual. The best place to hook up with other casual players is on the Melbourne Disc Golf Club messenger chat or the Disc Golf Collective Victoria FB page.
5. All results will be collated. For each player, the best three rounds will be corrected for handicap (using the final handicap as at the end of the 2018 league season). The total of the three handicap-corrected rounds will be the final entry. A minimum of 3 rounds must be completed for a valid entry. Lowest total in each division wins.
6. The winner in each division will receive a $50 voucher to spend at the club pro shop. Winners to be announced at the February league day on Saturday February 16th 2019.
7. There may be additional prizes (both lowest raw score and most rounds submitted are possible). Confirmation to follow.
MDGC online shop https://www.melbournediscgolf.com/product-category/eventrego/
EFT : Melbourne disc golf, BSB 083-337 Accnt 196356913. Use your name and SC as a reference.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org